Operations Specialist/Transfer Agent
Meeder Investment Management is an Ohio-based money management firm with over $13 billion in assets under management and administration. The Firm offers a wide variety of financial solutions as part of their suite of services including Mutual Funds, Advisory Services, Retirement Plan Products, Separately Managed Accounts, and Cash Management.
This position will primarily be responsible for trading and maintaining accurate bookkeeping of client information for the Transfer Agency and Advisory Operations. Candidate will be responsible for processing transactions daily for both Transfer Agency and Portfolio Advisory business, reporting net trading activity to various third parties,, adhering to the Transfer Agency department controls, reconciling to ensure that accounts and positions are in balance and processing Broker Dealer transactions and requests. Accuracy is extremely important in this position.
- Process and/or quality control daily new client accounts and client transactions.
- Report, communicate and process daily Retirement Plan participant contributions, including being responsible for accurate bookkeeping of Fund allocation percentages for participants.
- Process and confirm Broker Dealer transactions clearing through DTCC daily with at least a 99.9% accuracy rate.
- Report and manage financial advisor activity through DST FanMail.
- Verify Net Asset Values, post transactions, and accurately report all prior day activity to third parties.
- Relied upon to answer (back-up) customer service calls promptly.
- Reconcile daily dividend Fund accruals between Fund Accounting, custodian bank, and the Transfer Agency.
- Adhere to all compliance rules and SEC regulations (Anti-money laundering, Identity Theft, Code of Ethics).
- Process Meeder portfolio transactions through various platforms and process daily and quarterly fees.
- Create, reconcile, and distribute periodic reports to Retirement Plan Administrators and other third parties.
- Manage monthly e-delivery activations, including registering and communicating to new users.
- Responsible for due diligence and escheatment reporting to all states to comply with SEC 17Ad-13.
- Create Meeder Funds shareholder and Financial Advisor statements.
Critical Success Factors:
- Passion for the industry within an Operations and call center environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to provide leadership qualities in position.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willing to work extra hours.
- Superior attention to detail and extremely diligent to ensure proper documentation and recordkeeping notes.
- Processes with high level of accuracy (99.9% accuracy level).
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of and adherence to compliance responsibilities.
- Works independently with minimal supervision. Is also flexible and open-minded.
- Driven to be a subject matter expert and consistently shows improvement. A quick learner driven for results.
- Communicates and processes work proactively.
- FINRA Series 6 License required or must be able to obtain within 1 year.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office suite of products (Specifically Word, Intermediate to Advanced Excel required).
- Basic understanding of mutual fund industry and financial services with experience in retirement plan operations a plus.
- Typing proficiency and high degree of accuracy in typing (use of keypad, calculator).
Applicant Tracking System Powered by