Manager of Retirement Plan Operations
Meeder Investment Management is an Ohio-based asset management firm with over $13 billion in assets under management and administration. The Firm offers a wide variety of financial solutions as part of their suite of services including Mutual Funds, Advisory Services, Retirement Plan Solutions, Separately Managed Accounts, and Cash Management.
The Manager of Retirement Plan Operations will provide leadership and product management in all aspects of retirement plan operations, including plan setup and maintenance, as well as product development and support. This critical role will work closely with the operations and sales departments to seamlessly implement and administer a wide range of retirement plan products - which include managed accounts, portfolios, mutual funds and fiduciary services.
- Manage team that handles plan setup & maintenance as well as portfolio trading.
- Manage all aspects of 3(38) Fiduciary Services product administration.
- Work with third party advisors, record keepers, third party administrators as well as sales, legal and performance reporting groups to ensure proper delivery of retirement plan notices (including 408(b)2 and 404(a)5 disclosure documents).
- Develop new lines of distribution by establishing operational procedures for prospective new retirement plan partners, including record keepers, third party administrators and advisors.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of trends, regulatory updates, and other events that have implications on the retirement plan industry.
- Significant involvement in industry organizations (ASSPA, Others), developing relationships to further enhance Meeder’s reputation as industry experts.
- Based on industry trends, evaluate, design, and assist in implementing changes to additional products (e.g. 3(38)fiduciary services) or similar products.
- Work closely with Investment and Investment Operations teams to manage and administer investment menus for third party and direct channel.
- Serve on Retirement Plan Services Committees, including Investment and Business Development Committees and oversee documentation and administration of committee decisions.
- Assist in evaluating share class availability and administer fund changes to ensure retirement plans are utilizing best possible investment options.
- Maintain relationships with retirement plan services providers, including record keepers, third party administrator and custodians.
Critical Success Factors
- Self-starter with drive to undertake challenging projects.
- Ability to manage multi-functional teams vital to success of the overall business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business.
- FINRA Series 6, 7, or 65 preferred.
- Advanced designations, such as CRPS, AIF® or other or retirement plan designation preferred.
- Expert knowledge of retirement plans, operational procedures and risk controls, with 5-10 years of experience working with retirement plans and in the financial services industry.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by